Do I really need to post an inspirational picture? Ah, I’m gonna post one of a cat instead, or a meme.
It’s a cat meme. You’re welcome.
So, I thought I had been nominated for this before, and I checked and there wasn’t a post, but it turns out I have been nominated and I’m just a dick.
Jeez, first of all thank you so much ❤ but idk who I’m going to nominate now xD all y’all gon’ get nominated again 😛
Okay so I have to post rules now, right? Right, let’s copy and paste them from someone
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
4. Notify the bloggers you included.
5. Keep the rules in your post.
So, let’s get this shebang started
Carys the SNP lover’s questions:
1.What or who inspired you to start writing SimLit?
Uhhhhh… I don’t know really? I can tell you what inspired my tumblr stuff but the Matthews? Mate it was like 3 years ago I can’t remember
2. What’s your favourite animal?
3. Do you have a favourite trope in writing?
I like the happy ending cliche, I dunno, I just like how everything ends nicely, y’know?
4. Do you have a least favourite trope/cliche in writing?
Right, I hate that one where you know the girl ends up in an awkward situation like going to a club or a party with a guy she hates but also loves and she has to get pretty and wear some skanky but also pretty dress and oh she’s so awkward and hates makeup but oh she looks so pretty with it on and her hair’s curled and even though she looks like a tart the guy is blown away and blech. (let’s ignore the fact that I did this cliche)
5. Do you write other stories outside of sims?
Not really tbh. I want to but I just don’t have the time.
6. Do you play any other computer/console games?
Danganronpa (obviously. I’m currently waiting for more to be released onto Steam) and I went through a Stardew Valley phase and I’ve completed Alice: Madness Returns, but that’s about it.
7. How long have you been writing using the sims games?
3 years this past December
8. Do you have a favourite story line in the legacy/story you’re working on?
Uhhhhh, don’t make me choose >.< I guess if I had to narrow it down, last generation I liked the whole Alyssa cheating for the second time scenario, and this generation (this is going to make me sound sick and twisted) but I liked Juniper’s relationship with Sam and writing that, and the repercussions of it.I dunno, they were just dramatic to write and I guess with the latter, I liked seeing Juniper turn from this weak little housewife to this badass single mom doing everything on her own and body checking and sassing most people in her way.
9.Do you listen to music while you write?
Yeah because I have a very low attention span
10.What book has most impacted you in the last couple of years, and why?
Sadly, I’ve not read any really impacting books lately, but I did read Lungs by Duncan McMillan as part of my theatre studies coursework (but then I didn’t get to do that one >.<) which I really liked. It definitely made me think a lot more about things to do with the environment.
11.Do you have any writing rituals?
Uh, yeah. First I pray to the almighty God of the underworld before I sacrifice 20 virgins to him and he gives me the power to write mediocrely (no I don’t)
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would that be?
New York or London, lets go shopping
2. Has anything awesome or potentially life-changing ever happened to you because you started playing The Sims? Maybe you met a great friend or you found out about something cool while checking out Sims stuff on the internet?
I’ve met a lot of nice people and have discovered cool games and also met a Scottish SNP fuckboy (I couldn’t swear on her blog because idk if she likes swears on her blog but my blog my rules). That and I think the most awesome thing is that I can express myself and write and do that openly, that’s awesome enough as it is ^-^
3. Name one thing that is on your computer desk right now that should not be there.
Uhh, I don’t have one so I guess it’s existence shouldn’t be there right now
4. Mountains, sea or city?
5. If you could have any career from The Sims 3 in real life, which one would you choose?
I like the idea of the scientist career and how you can just go into the building and be like “let me be a scientist!” and that’s an okay thing to do. I think I want the general concept of how careers work rather than any specific career. Just walk in and be like “can I be this please lol hire me”
6. What is your biggest reason for sticking to TS3 instead of moving on to TS4? Toddlers, open neighborhoods, aesthetics or something completely different?
First it was toddlers and now they’ve added toddlers, and I think that was my most reason, but now it’s more because the novelty has worn off and I think doing something on TS4 would distract me from this and yeah
7. Is there any particular skill you are trying to learn at the moment? If not, what is something you’d love to be able to do?
I’d love to be able to dance or figure skate alas I am not graceful enough. Also drawing, question 9 reminded me of that.
8. Coffee, tea, or cocoa?
Coffee. I like mocha’s specifically. I hate tea because it’s just weird icky water, and hot chocolate’s nice but I like it made with milk and that’s bad for skin so… Yeah. Whittard’s white hot chocolate though ugh omg ❤ – ❤
9. Do you have a favourite (visual) artist?
I don’t really tbh, mostly because I’ve not properly looked into it. I used to go on Deviantart a lot but then I just get jealous because I want to be good at drawing but I’m not
10. If you could pick any time period to live in, which one would it be?
I’d say the 1950’s/60’s purely just for the clothing. I want that to come back in style: floaty skirts and blouses and petticoats ❤ so pretty
11. Which other games do you play besides The Sims? Or, lacking that, what do you like to do in your spare time besides playing TS?
Youtube videos are a plus, and also makeup. I’m a massive makeup hoarder. I’ve got probably 40+ lipsticks alone. I have a thing with lipsticks, okay? Don’t judge me please.
1. If you were a sim, what would your five traits be?
Cat person, socially awkward, rebellious, loner and snob
2. What book has had the biggest impact on you, and why?
I don’t know ;-; I still don’t know ;-; I’m gonna say Lungs because it’s the only one I can properly remember.
3. What keeps you up at night?
Ahaha, a lot of things.
4. If you’re not a tattoo person, what is the one thing that you would possibly get tattooed on your body (if you were forced to)? If you do like/have tattoos, what is the one style of tattoo you hate the most?
I really want a dream catcher on the back of my right shoulder blade with feathers floating down across my back and forming a cluster on my left hip.
5. What’s your favorite marine animal?
Okay, so I’ve just discovered that Vaquitas are a thing and there are only 30 of them left! 30! Guys we need to save them! They’re so cute and we can’t let another animal go extinct.
6. What tv series or movie could you watch over and over again?
I think probably Grease or Hairspray. I know basically all the words to all of the songs from both and I love it.
7. You’re in charge of coming up with an obscure animal mascot for a sports team. What is it?
Uhhhhhh……… CATS?! I don’t know don’t give me so much responsibility ;-;
8. What’s your favorite joke?
Uh, I don’t know, I think my life is a pretty good joke.
9. What’s your favorite kind of weather?
I like it when it’s hot but breezy. I also like the rain but only when I’m not in it lol
10. In a cage fight match to the death, who would win: Fred Flintstone or George Jetson?
*shrugs* I dunno. Only one way to find out.
11. What’s one “rule” (not a grammar or style rule) that you follow while writing?
Well, like in showbiz, always leave them wanting more. I guess that’s why I love using cliffhangers the way I do.
1. What is your favorite bird, if you can only choose from birds you have seen near your place of residence?
Pidgeons. I’m weirdly affected by them in a good way. I think they’re kinda cute even if my friend calls them “flying rats”
2. Three of the worst movies ever. Movies you actually watched, all the way through. Poor you.
Bridesmaids. That movie was shit and it relied too heavily on slapstick humour. Meet The Fockers as well, I just don’t like silly humour, I like witty humour not “hahaha they said poop and he’s drunk and was embarrassing hahaha” humour.
3. How about some movies that were so bad, you couldn’t finish watching them?
Twilight, duh. There was also Sweet Charity, which is a shame because I think I would have loved it but it just took too long to get running, you know? Like those movies where it takes ages to get started and you get bored.
4. You’re writing a buddy cop movie. What do you name your two main protagonists?
Elle Penbrooke and Malachi Reed? Idk I just came up with random names there
5. Did you see a cartoon as a child that scarred you because it broke the animation age ghetto? If so, what was it?
Yes. Watership Down. I still haven’t watched it since I was like about 7 (I had just gotten my own rabbits too and it terrified me)
6. What are your three most favorite starship designs?
*frets* this is the point where they realise I’m just smart and aren’t a real nerd. Uh… I liked this one (Carys and Owly don’t watch the video, it’s from DR and is kinda spoilery)
7. Psychic twins. Dead horse trope, or you just can’t get enough of how cute it is?
Uhhh, cute? *smiles nervously*
8. Five computer games you thought were fun, aside from Sims?
Alice Madness Returns
Danganronpa 2 (I’m running out of games don’t judge)
9. Are you in love with any Non-PC games? Regardless of replay value, let’s hear some of your favorites!
I loved Harvest Moon when I was younger, I absolutely adored it. It’s kind of endless (although there is an end point of finding all the spirits/making a lot of money/getting married and having a kid)
10. Daffy Duck, or Donald Duck? Why?
Donald because I was raised on Disney
11. That one glitch you had in Sims 3 that you love telling people about. What happened?
I think the glitch where a fire almost burned down the Matthews’ old house was pretty entertaining.
I don’t think really know who to nominate, mostly because so many people have already been nominated. If you read this, or if you read my legacy or my tumblr (or both!) then you’re nominated because you’re awesome for supporting me, and if you can put through reading my stuff then you deserve an award. So, here’s my questions for anyone and everyone reading this:
1.) Last video game you played (besides sims) is now your life. How fucked up are you?
2.) How old are you? I’m just being nosy rn
3.) Is there a TV show you love but you know it’s trash but love it because it’s trash? I have one, don’t worry.
4.) You’re driving along a road, and notice a car in flames with two people inside. You’re shocked by the scene, and realise that you have enough time to save one of the people in there. To your horror, one of the people is your dad and the other is a cancer specialist on the verge of a breakthrough (no one knows what, only they know). Who do you save?
5.) Dog person or cat person?
6.) Who’s your favourite character you created?
7.) Who’s your favourite character that you didn’t create?
8.) Would you rather never have chocolate again or never be kissed again?
9.) Idk what’s your favourite colour?
10.) If you had the chance to go back and change one event, but it could drastically alter your life (better or for worse) would you do it?
11.) 1000 degree hot knife videos; what’s your opinion on them?